Tararua Vets offers a comprehensive on-farm and in-clinic veterinary service. Our branches in Pahiatua and Dannevirke complement this service with carefully chosen animal health products and merchandise with up-to-date advice on their use.
Tararua Veterinary Services
We are a strong mixed rural veterinary practice that strives to provide excellence in veterinary service, care and advice.
Tararua Veterinary Services is located in and services the Tararua & Central Hawkes Bay District.
- Full medical and surgical service for companion animals
- Clipping and grooming service for companion animals
- A comprehensive selection of pet products including premium foods, backed by expert advice
- Full medical and surgical service for production animals
- Farm consultancy e.g. nutrition, mastitis, lameness, reproduction
- Lab service including faecal egg counting and facial eczema spore counting
- Pregnancy testing in most species, either with a scanner or manual
- Large animal dispensary and retail supplies
- 24-hour veterinary service
Horses are the most susceptible animal to this disease, 300 times more susceptible than your dog! We have lots of information in this newsletter about wounds and one of the
Tetanus is – fortunately! – an uncommon problem in dogs. The bacteria which causes tetanus ( clostridium tetani ) can lie dormant in the soil for many years. It
We have had some reports in the lower North Island of lungworm in both deer and cattle this past autumn. This is most likely attributable to ideal conditions favouring larval
Infections of the uterus after calving At calving around 90% of cattle have a bacterial contamination of the inside of the uterus. In many cows the immune system will clear the