Tararua Vets offers a comprehensive on-farm and in-clinic veterinary service. Our branches in Pahiatua and Dannevirke complement this service with carefully chosen animal health products and merchandise with up-to-date advice on their use.
Totally Vets Group is a group of dynamic veterinary practices, providing services and products in the Manawatu, Tararua and Taumarunui areas for companion animals, equine, and production animals.
For queries, please contact by email or post:
Human Resources Administrator
Totally Vets Group
25 Manchester Street
Clinic Office Manager (Palmerston North)
A great opportunity that does not present itself very often, Totally Vets is looking for a new Clinic Office Manager, based in their Palmerston North Clinic.
Based in the Palmerston North Clinic, the Clinic Office Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of the clinic, ensuring excellent customer service to its customers is always maintained, resources are allocated and rostered to meet the business needs and workloads are planned for the smooth running of the clinic.
Your proven experience in managing and leading a small team will compliment your knowledge base in the large animal sector, with preference being in the dairy industry. We are looking for someone who can lead a team forward, offering your expertise, knowledge and life experience to really get behind the clinic's focus of providing great service.
This is a 40 hour per week position, working 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday, however we are looking for the right person who is not limited to these hours and has some flexibility available on an individual basis.
You will also have some financial expertise along with business performance including budget management. Strong administration skills will be required in this great opportunity as you will be responsible for generating reports on all aspects of the clinic’s operations.
Areas of responsibility:
- Leadership of the customer services team
- Assist with staff rosters
- Assist and identify customer needs
- Marketing and promotional strategies
- Update of data base details
- Showroom merchandising
- Policy and procedures management
- Facility management for the premises
- Health and safety maintenance
- Financial Reporting
Skills and experience you will possess:
- Strong customer services skills
- Solid experience in creating and developing a high performing team
- Dairy and large animal knowledge
- Staff management and responsibility
- Excellent organisation and administrative skills
- Strong inventory data management
- Effective communicator and mentor
- Ability to provide problem solving solutions
- Manage time, prioritise and work effectively under pressure
This role is based in Palmerston North, and along with offering a competitive salary, it also offers additional benefits like comprehensive staff discounts, health care benefits, a uniform and free car parking.
This is a unique opportunity that doesn’t come up often within the Veterinary profession, so express your interest in a covering letter and Apply now.
ONLY THOSE WHO HOLD NZ RESIDENCY OR A VALID WORKING VISA WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
Apply via PN Personnel to Christine Hanning here
Veterinary Nurse (Feilding)
We have a vacancy for a Veterinary Nurse to join our busy companion animal hospital based at our Feilding clinic. We run a modern, well equipped hospital offering a wide range of surgeries and advanced treatment options for our clients.
- Providing excellent standards of care for our patients and clients
- Assisting with consultations
- General nursing and clinic administration tasks
- Utilise technology and equipment management
- Assisting with anaesthesia surgical procedures
- Monitoring care of patients and follow up after surgery
We are looking for a person who has the following qualities:
- An enthusiastic level of customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to show empathy and respond to customer and patient needs
- A Veterinary Nurse Qualification with proven clinical skills
- A passion for animal health and wellbeing
- Your team skills will be excellent, and your ability to relate well to both customers and colleagues.
- You must be able to adapt to a constantly changing environment whilst maintaining a friendly and enjoyable working atmosphere
- Have initiative and a pro-active work ethic
This position is a full time position, which includes participation in a weekend clinic roster and some late nights.
Please apply by email or post, including your current CV, by 27th March 2020, to:
A copy of the job description is available on request.